Soooo I really want to talk about this subject because ALOT of artist do not know how to sell their artwork…verbally.
They depend a lot on their visual content and website to sell it for them. Other invest in hiring an Art manager or a gallery to do the selling for them.
This is a HUGE PROBLEM. Why do I say that?
You will lose a ton of money if you do it this way. No one cares to sell your artwork as much as you do. Most galleries will charge you a few thousand dollars to rent a space to display your artwork. PLUS they will charge you a 20-30% commission fee on each painting IF they sell it. Art managers will also charge you a based price and commission as well. Do you see what I mean?
You already investing a couple of thousands of dollars in painting that may or may not sell. In other words, you are in a hole from the beginning.
HOW DO I AVOID THIS?
Learn how to sell your own stuff! I was tired of wasting money with little to no return and I KNEW my artwork had potential. I started to read books on selling. I used the techniques and wow did I see a difference!
1) I’ve made more money selling paintings BY MYSELF than I have ever done with a gallery.
2) I started off selling for a couple hundred and now I sell for a couple of thousands.
3) I started to sell my work to family and friends and now I sell it to CEOs and VPs of major companies.
SOOO WHAT DID I DO?
1. I started to build more confidence in myself.
2. I created a 3 sentence script about my artwork.
3. I learned how to FOLLOW UP.
4. I build relationships with my clientele.
5. Ultimately, I learned how to close deals.
These are the 5 steps you need to do to sell your work successfully.
Stay tuned for next week, as I will talk about each step in detail!